Capture Castlebank Park – Photography competition
Throughout the seasons, Castlebank Park is one of the most beautiful and photogenic locations in Lanark. We are looking for the local community to submit their photographs of the park to help us brighten up the walls of the new Castlebank Horticultural Centre. Since the start of the year, renovation works have been ongoing to transform the derelict sawmill building into a new community hub building thanks to funding from LEADER and the Renewable Energy Fund. The new building will include a fully-equipped classroom, informal Bistro / meeting space, office and kitchen. The centre will be available for hire for a range of community activities or private functions.
We are looking for photographs taken at Castlebank Park which capture, one or all of the following themes:
- The changing seasons
- Woodland and wildlife
- Plants and horticulture
Winning entries will be displayed in Castlebank Horticultural Centre, and each will display the name of the photograph and give credit to the artist’s name and website (if relevant). Work can be current or have been created in the past.
Entrants of all ages and abilities are welcome. We’d be particularly interested to see entries from budding photographers at school or in higher education.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open from 13th September 2018 – 12th October 2018 at 11.59pm.
- To enter, users must email their photograph(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org and also include their name, age, hometown, name of the photograph (if relevant) and category being entered.
- Photographs must be submitted as a JPEG under 5MB. (Entrants MUST retain their original artwork at 300 DPI in case their design is selected as one of the winners).
- Each entrant may submit up to three entries. If an individual submits more than three entries only the first three will be considered valid entries.
- Submitted photography must be the entrant’s original, unpublished work which does not breach anyone else’s copyright. Work that has already been sold to another party cannot be submitted. By entering the competition, you confirm this and accept liability for any copyright breaches.
- Entrants must live in the UK or Ireland. Any entrants younger than 16 must supplement their entry with written permission from their parent of guardian confirming their agreement with the competition T&Cs.
- By entering the competition, you give Lanark Community Development Trust permission to publish your design on their websites, social media, in press and in print.
- The winners will be chosen by a voting panel of judges whose decision is final.
- Only successful entrants will be contacted via email.
- Winners will be asked to attend a presentation event at Castlebank Horticultural Centre.
- Winners will be asked if they wish to be contacted in the future regarding other users of their photography, for example on postcards or notelets.
Lanark Community Development Trust is a Registered Scottish Charity SC040584